The first Breakthrough Research And Innovation in Neurotechnology (B.R.A.I.N.) Prize is an international R&D award granted in Israel to an individual, group or organization for a recent, practical breakthrough in the field of brain technology. Brain technology refers to:
1. Novel technologies that can augment scientific understanding of the living brain
2. Novel technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of brain disease
3. Novel technologies to enhance human brain function
4. Novel brain-machine interface technologies
5. Novel brain stimulation technologies
6. Novel brain-inspired technologies in the areas of computation, communication and robotics.
The one million dollar ($1,000,000) prize will recognize a disruptive innovation that is on a path to commercialization with potential significant impact to humanity. The award will be used to support further development towards commercialization of the winning technology. Please review the Program Details to learn more about the competition rules and schedule.